THE TRAINED NURSES ASSOCIATION OF INDIA Established 1908 107 Glorious Years of Association Moving ahead with commitment and dedication…
The Trained Nurses’ Association of India (TNAI) is a national organization of nurse professionals at different levels. It was established in 1908 and was initially known as Association of Nursing Superintendents.
The Government of India has recognized TNAI as a service organization in 1950. A similar recognition by all the State Governments has been an asset to the promotion of its objectives.
Foundation stone for TNAI Headquarters Inaugurated by Smt. Indira Gandhi laid by Dr. S Radhakrishnan
Upholding every way the
- Dignity and honour of the nursing profession,
- Promoting a sense of espirit de corps among all nurses,
- To advance professional, educational, economic and general welfare of nurses
- To enunciate standards of Nursing Education and implement these through appropriate channels.
- To establish standards and qualifications for nursing practice.
- To enunciate standards of Nursing Service and implement these through appropriate channels.
- To establish a code of ethical conduct for practitioners.
- To stimulate and promote research designed to enhance
- To stimulate and promote research designed to enhance the knowledge for evidence-based nursing practice.
- To promote legislation and to speak for Nurses in regard to legislative action.
- To promote and protect the economic welfare of Nurses.
- To provide professional counselling and placement service for Nurses.
- To provide for the continuing professional development of practitioners.
- To represent Nurses and serve as their spoke person with allied national and international organisations,governmental and other bodies and the public.
- To serve as the official representative of the Nurses of India
as a member of the International Council of Nurses.
- To promote the general health and welfare of the public through the Association programmes, relationships and activities e.g. Disaster Management.
- To render care as per the changing needs of the society.
Established in 1969
|1||Mrs. A.D. Malhotra||1969-1972|
|2||Ms. M.O. Bear||1972-1975|
|3||Mrs. A.D. Malhotra||1975-1979|
|4||Mrs. K. Malhotra||Sept. 1979- 1985|
|5||Mrs. A.D. Malhotra||April 1985-Oct. 1991|
|6||Mrs. Munir Gujaral||26th May, 1992-Dec. 1996|
|7||Mrs. Virawanti||Jan. 1997- Feb, 2001|
|8||Mrs. Amerjit Kaur||August 25th, 2007- April 2012|
|9||Mr.Rathish Nair||21st April, 2012- 11th April, 2013|
|10||Mrs. Kulwant Kaur||26th July, 2016 till date|
|1||Mrs. Sharanjit Kaur||1973-1978|
|2||Mrs. Santosh Mehta||1978-1978 (interim)|
|3||Mrs. S. Sehgal||1979-1981|
|4||Mrs. D. Mehtani||1979-1985|
|5||Mrs. Kavita Malhotra||April 1985-1992|
|6||Mrs. Ranbir Gujral||May 26, 1992- 1994|
|7||Mrs. Savita Mehta||Oct. 1994- Dec. 1996|
|8||Mrs. Raj Guleri||Jan. 1997- 2001|
|9||Mrs. Sheela Dhingra||Feb 23, 2001- 2007|
|10||Mrs. Kamlesh Tiwari||August 25, 2007- April, 2012|
|11||Mrs. Sheela Dhingra||21st April, 2012-2016|
|12||Mrs. Sheela Dhingra||2016 till date|